Welcome to the first ever 2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix of IndiaTM being held at Buddh International Circuit (BIC)
Formula OneTM, also known as Formula 1TM or F1TM or Grand PrixTM and referred to officially as the FIA Formula One World ChampionshipTM, is the highest class of single seater auto racing sanctioned by the FĂ©dĂ©ration Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA). The F1TM season consists of a series of races, held on purpose-built circuits and public roads. The result of each race is combined to determine two annual World Championships, one for the drivers and one for the constructors, with racing drivers, constructor teams, track officials, organizers and circuits required to be holders of valid Super License, the highest class of racing license issued by the FIA.
Formula One cars are considered to be the fastest circuit-racing cars in the world. Formula One cars race at speeds of up to 360 km/h (220 mph).
2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix of India
For the first time ever in India the F1TM race is being organized at Jaypee’s Buddh International Circuit (BIC), Greater Noida from October 28th to 30th, 2011.
BIC having a total capacity of about 110,000 has meticulously planned for the mega event and has come out with some guidelines which shall be kept in mind for smooth and enjoyable Formula One experience.
- Considering the fact that 100,000 spectators will be coming to BIC, your travel time to the Circuit might take much longer than normal. Therefore, please keep extra travel time in mind to reach BIC on time to enjoy all Race events.
- The events on all three days are spread from morning till evening. You are requested to plan your itinerary accordingly.
- The gates will open at 9:30 a.m. on the race days. The distance and expected time of travel from some important points are:
- Buddh International Circuit is conveniently divided into four colour zones. The colour marked as on your event ticket corresponds to the colour of that zone; viz- Yellow for North Zone, Red for West Zone, Green for South Zoneand Blue for East Zone.
- You are requested to adhere to your zone colour and follow the signages while trying to reach the circuit and while approaching your respective stand.
Children below 5 (five) years are not allowed inside the circuit. Parents and guardians should ensure that children wear correct hearing protection at all times due to extreme volume of noise
- Help Desk
Bilingual volunteers in BIC uniform are there to assist you with queries. There are 5 Box Offices / Help Desks at the circuit. Please follow the signages to reach the nearest Help Desk
BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT TICKETS !!
We strongly advice that you purchase your event ticket from the authorized ticketing partner of Buddh International Circuit i.e. Book My Show. There are currently 2 channels of sales:
â€˘ Online – www.bookmyshow.com/sport/formula1 & www.jaypeesports.com
â€˘ Call center – 35762211
Counterfeit / fake tickets would not be entertained at the venue.
||Distance by road (Approx.)
||Expected Travel Time during Race days
|New Delhi ISBT
||1.5 hrÂ to 2 hr
||1.5 hr to 2 hr
||2 hr to 2.5 hr
||1.5 hr to 2 hr
||1 hr to 1.5 hr
New Delhi IGI Airport
||2 hr to 2.5 hr
||2.5 hr to 3 hr
||1 hr to 1.5 hrs
|F&B and Entertainment Guidelines
- Please do not carry any personal food items as it would not be allowed inside BIC.
- Food & beverages will be available near/next to every stand. You would need to consume the eatables in the designated areas only as they will not be allowed inside the stands / seating area.
- BIC merchandise and exciting events are organized for you to enjoy BIC as a complete entertainment destination.
- For your convenience there are ATMs installed at various locations within BIC.
- F1TM Village* and Buddh Gardens* are the areas which have been ear marked for fun activities, fun zone and sale of official merchandise.
- For ease of understanding the zone wise map is provided. Please refer to your event ticket to identify your zone and stand and locate the nearest facilities around your seat.
- You are requested to remain alert and on look out for any suspicious person or suspicious object/item near your seating area, parking area and F & B area.
- For security reasons, you may be subjected to personal screening, frisking and search. Your vehicle will also be subjected to security check. Kindly co-operate with security personnel in such checking.
- At the circuit, spectators are required to conduct themselves decently and not to cause any inconvenience, trouble or harassment to other spectators.
- Acquaint yourself with the entire route / time plan to reach the parking area and the zone without any hassle. For convenience follow the road signages.
- For your safety, security and convenience follow instructions of the security personnel.
Health and Safety
Your safety is our concern. Medical units are located all around the circuit for any unforeseen incident.
As noise level during the event can be extreme at times visitors are strongly advised to use ear plugs which will be sold at the circuit. Please pay attention to warning signs for hazardous or restricted access areas. Motorsports can be dangerous and visitors must, at all times, adhere to all safety instructions from officials and the police.
|List of prohibited items
|Any prohibited items, if brought at the venue by mistake, may be left in your vehicle or else will have to be thrown in the bin. There is no locker facility at the circuit.
- Large hand bags, brief cases, large ladies hand bags, backpacks, packets
- Since smoking in public places is prohibited by law, please do not carry cigar, cigarette, beedi, match box, lighter etc.
- Any kind of cooked / uncooked, packed / unpacked food & beverages (both alcoholic and non alcoholic)
- Glass/plastic containers, cans, bottles, smoke canister and any type of box
- Professional audio visual equipment, professional cameras
- Any fire arm/weapon (even licensed) any other object which can be used as a weapon, fireworks, crackers, flares, inflammable material, and laser pointers
- Musical instruments and/or amplification equipments, whistles / loud hailers
- Bicycle, scooter, skate board, roller blade etc.
- Chairs, stools, small tables, flags with poles
- Any other item prohibited by law specifically or considered to be a risk to the safety and security of the circuit and spectators
Any of the above items if brought by mistake, maybe left in your vehicle or will have to be thrown in a bin. There is no locker facility at circuit.
|Do’s and Donâ€™ts
- Separate event tickets have been provided for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please make sure you carry the correct ticket corresponding to that day
- Please make sure that your vehicle bears the parking sticker corresponding to the ticket day
- You will not be allowed entry to the circuit and to the parking area even if you have a VALID ticket / permit for the wrong event day / date
- Do not expose your ticket to heat (do not leave the ticket in your car)
- Do not puncture holes in your tickets
- Do not fold your ticket
- Do not place your ticket next to devices with magnetic fields ( computers, mobile phones, etc)
- You will not be allowed to enter the circuit if you lose your ticket. Duplicate tickets will not be issued. No refund request will be entertained.